Monday, June 6, 2011

When it rains...

We experienced one heckuva weather pattern last week, with tornadoes, baseball sized hail, near constant lightning, and absolute buckets of rain.  Fortunately, my home was not greatly affected, but sadly, several of my friends experienced damage.  One friend has been providing child care in the basement of her home.  After 7" of rain, the basement filled to the ceiling with water.  She and her family and friends spent the weekend clearing 7,000 pounds of MUD from the basement -- by shoveling it through the window!  I can't even imagine how tired (and dirty!) they must have been, and also how discouraged.

Her child care center has been completely destroyed.  Insurance will help, but won't cover all the costs of starting up again.  To help her replace supplies, toys, furnishings, etc., I would like to donate 50% of all sales from my Etsy site during the month of June to her.  Here is the link:

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=brightideasjewelry

Here are a few earrings from my site, and I will be adding more this week.  Thank you for your help!


                    Summer color earrings   Cascade Earrings   Just a Drop All Twisted UpCalypso

No comments:

Post a Comment