Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kansas Winds

Saturday was the third annual Paxico Meatloaf Festival (yes, really) and my husband and I  had signed up as vendors.  We were there bright and early to set up our pop-ups and displays on the city's main street.  A thunderstorm had just passed through, so it was a little wet, but it promised to become a beautiful June day. 

It was beautiful -- but WINDY!  We tied the tents together and then tied them to street posts, and had weights all around, but our displays were no match for the Kansas wind, which gusted to 40 mph all morning.  After blowing over much of my display, including my earring stand, and after putting it all back together several times, we gave up.  My husband lost a couple of clocks and I had several damaged pieces.  Very disappointing, but a good reminder that 1) the wind always blows to some extent in Kansas and 2) outdoor shows require new thinking when it comes to wind-proof displays.

Here are a couple of new hoop earrings that survived!  Happy 4th of July to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment