Monday, May 16, 2011

Has spring finally arrived?

Last week I needed to drive to northern Kansas for work, and my route took me through the rolling hills of the prairie.  In Kansas, farmers and ranchers burn off their pastures in the early spring, and for a short time the ground is black and charred.  However, after just a few days, new bright green grass begins to emerge, which I'm told makes for fatter cattle!  It also makes for a beautiful landscape, and last week was the perfect time to witness this.  The gentle hills are covered now in stunning bright green grass, and one pastoral scene followed another.  I definitely need to get out more! 

So, my jewelry choice for this week is "Time for Spring" earrings -- long hoops with bright green seed beads in the color of new grass!
Time for Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment