Tuesday, September 7, 2010

OK, getting started...

Welcome to the Bright Ideas Jewelry Blog! 

I'm hoping this will be an entertaining and educational experience for ...well, I'm not exactly sure WHO!  I do wonder who would be interested in what I might come up with to write about at any given time, although I know there are some consummate bloggers out there who are always anxious to join a discussion.

So, let's get started -- and talk about getting started.  I am a jewelry maker (I can't call myself an "artist," but that is my goal).  I started a few years ago when I was on a 4-day business trip and decided I needed something to keep me entertained during the evenings at the hotel -- and something that would fit in my suitcase when I was ready to go home.  There was a Michael's across the street, and I found myself in the jewelry-making aisle.  Well, I selected a kit with beads in all shades of purple, and bought enough supplies to make a bracelet, necklace, and earrings (which I wore proudly during my daytime meetings).

Looking back, those pieces were not that great, but I have been addicted ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment